Administrative Assistant, Bilingual EN/FR
- Experience Admin support, Bookkeeping, Project Management
- # of Years 9 years
- Computer Skills Microsoft Office (+++), Quickbooks (++), Photoshop (+), InDesign (+), Wordpress (+)
- Languages English and French (native French speaker)
- Location of Services On-site (for San Francisco Bay Area businesses) or remote
Welcome, bienvenue! I am a bilingual French/English administrative assistant with 9+ years of experience in general administrative support, accounting and event planning. I offer flexible and affordable admin support services to busy entrepreneurs, anywhere in the world. I perform my services either remotely or on-site if your business is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Working Together: It's All About The Fit!
- Multi-faceted, resourceful, creative, discreet, diplomatic, open-minded
- A dynamic introvert who thrives on supporting others
- A knack for simplifying processes and increasing efficiency in small businesses
- Money-conscious: as a bookkeeper, I advise my clients on how to save money
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and dedication to not only get things done, but get them done well.
- A busy freelancer or small business owner
- Searching for more free time in your schedule
- Looking for flexible and reliable help; someone who can perform quality work and that you can trust
- Interested in developing a long-term business relationship
- You may speak French and/or have interests to develop your business in Europe or in the USA if you are a French company.
Sounds good so far?
• Mail / Calendar management
• Creating forms, spreadsheets
• Customer Service
• Event Planning
• Setting up Quickbooks
• A/P and A/R
• Sales Tax / 1099 filings
• Social Media Graphics
• Business cards
• Flyers / Brochures
• Powerpoint slides
• Personal or business
• France and US trips
• Full itineraries including lodging, restaurants, activities
• Travel arrangements
• Comparing online providers
• Sourcing photos
• Finding affiliate opportunities
Translation / Writing
• Translation of websites
• Audio/video transcription
• Writing articles for blogs
The services listed above are just a few examples… Contact me for more details!
Various schools in the Bay Area
Office Manager and Bookkeeper
• Bookkeeping (A/R and A/P, payroll entries, monthly reconciliations, sales tax and 1099s filings)
• Project management: booking vendors for events and on-site coordination of vendors
• Database imports and mailings (Zoho CRM)
• Assistant to director with variety of projects.
Administrative Assistant and Bookkeeper
• Set up new Quickbooks file and managed bookkeeping entries (A/P, A/R, reconciliations)
• Coordinated multiple calendars - Acted as a liaison between coaches and clients
• Increased efficiency by creating a new, simpler scheduling system using Google spreadsheets
• Created complex database lists using Excel and imported data into InfusionSoft (CRM software)
• Designed brochures and PowerPoint presentations.
Responsible for A/R and A/P for 3 companies, using Quickbooks.
• Provided administrative and accounting support to a team of 8 people
• Created a team-building treasure hunt in Chicago for a major French company.
Organized and managed company parties and social events.
Marie was a tremendous asset in helping Susan and me set up and manage Zoom Collaborate, now zoom-coaching.com. Marie set up our books, helped coordinate website design, scheduled client calls, kept us on track with a variety of business-building projects, and helped us launch our virtual training offering. I have 30-year+ experience leading small companies, now as CEO of Interaction Associates, and have hired and worked with dozens of administrative, marketing coordinators and executive assistants. I rate Marie in the top tier in all these all and recommend her without reservation.Barry Rosen CEO of Interaction Associates (former CEO of ZOOM Collaborate)
Marie has helped immensely in both assisting me in producing large-scale events and in designing awesome graphic collateral. She has a great eye for design as well as very strong organizational skills. From working in QuickBooks keeping my bookkeeping up-to-date to editing the back-end of Wordpress Marie is a One Stop Shop to keep any small business on track.Jud Yaski Director and Founder of Inspire Productions
For the past three years, Marie has been arranging all of my travel and accommodations. Whether it's personal or for business, she always finds the best deals, the easiest ways to travel and the most interesting places to visit and stay. Marie has taken all of the hassle out of travel and turned it back into fun again!Rob Friend Senior Project Manager and French Aficionado
5 hrs per week
or 20 hrs per month
$35 per hour
$700 per month
10 hrs per week
or 40 hrs per month
$30 per hour
$1,200 per month
15 hrs per week
or 60 hrs per month
$25 per hour
$1,500 per month
These packages are offered on a month-to-month basis (no long-term commitment).
Please note: these rates are for remote services only. On-site services are an additional $5/hour.
Why Should You Choose Me?
I thrive in support rolesI am your creative, resourceful sidekick who can help you get things done in an efficient, affordable way. I love working in autonomy and am most happy when I am supporting others while working in the background, supervising a variety of tasks and making sure everything gets done well.
I offer high-end admin supportI am dedicated, hard-working and have experience handling sensitive matters and responsibilities. With my 9+ years of experience with various small businesses, I have acquired a number of skills that can help you save time and money, such as bookkeeping and graphic design skills. I also have access to a large number of ressources. If needed, I can always find ways to get things done at a decent price.
I have a knack for increasing efficiency in small businessesIn every company I worked for, I consistently improved the existing systems by simplifying processes and finding ways to perform my tasks faster and better. I am a resourceful problem-solver who knows how to think out-of-the-box to find reliable solutions to issues big or small.
My rates are competitiveBecause I am a freelancer, you pay me as an independent contractor, which helps you save a significant amount of both money and time (with the multiple filings and compliance requirements). My rates are significantly less expensive than the services of Virtual Assistant Agencies. Most VA Agencies charge $45+ per hour. My rates range $25-35 per hour (see pricing above for more details). By hiring me, you also get more flexibility as our agreement is on a month-to-month basis (no long-term contract).
Let's schedule a call for a free consultation!
- Email marie [at] frenchva.com
- Phone +1 510 550 5807